What It Is
Voicings is guitar chord software. It is a guitar chord notation and multitracking program. You can write instrument parts and create arrangements using a wide range of sounds. The natural fretboard notation and chordal approach supports individual string sustain in each score part.
Voicings provides a fretboard, score editor and MIDI amp. Fretboard analysis displays notes, intervals and chord names. The score editor is for composing and multitracking musical scores. The MIDI amp is for selecting sounds.
Voicings scores are a natural way to notate music for string instruments. Enter notes and chords onto the fretboard as you would play/hold them, and the timing from event to event. Played notes last till you release or re-fret the strings, so you don't have to calculate note values and complex ties to achieve sustain patterns. On score playback, you hear and see exactly how a part is played.
- 3-6 strings
- Any tuning
- Over 250 chord types recognized (any voicing/key/tuning)
- Easy chord scroll
- Switch root strings for alternate names
- Enharmonic notation clears up doubled accidentals
- Unlimited tracks
- Integrated chord/note entry
- Notes last till you release/re-fret strings
- Smooth display of notes over held chords
- Event styles (hammer/pull, patch/vol/tempo override)
- Score directions (repeats, sections, endings, DC/DS, coda)
- Score Navigator exposes track structure
- Score Navigator supports block editing (cut/copy/paste)
- Export to MIDI file
- Voicings Staff transcribes score parts, exports TAB
- MIDI Amp
- GM patch sets and drum kits
- Set colours and image backgrounds
- Help file
- Sample scores
- Drag and drop
- Portable (no install, settings in program folder)
- Language support (unicode, language files for translation)
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions included
The Voicings distribution (unregistered) is save/export-disabled, but otherwise fully functional Shareware.
Guitar part for sample score as transcribed by Voicings Staff: cabana.pdf.
A basic chordbook for beginners: basic_chords.zip